Mobile SEO is the process of optimizing your site to rank better in search results and keep mobile leads on your page. Do you have a mobile strategy for your business? No! Then you are surely missing out on most of your potential buyers.
These days, professional tasks and studies mainly require desktops, while smartphones have become more and more prominent for routine browsing. This is why, Mobile SEO is undoubtedly an essential step to get results for your business website, no matter how small or big your business is.
Stats have shown that mobile has become crucial in increasing sales and generating leads. Google has already started favouring mobile-friendly sites on SERPs. Almost half of the internet traffic worldwide comes from mobile searches.
This means that unless you implement mobile SEO for your website, it can lose visibility in search results.
What is Mobile SEO?
It is a website optimization process that makes sure that the users visiting your website on a tablet or mobile get an excellent seamless experience on their device.
Why choose Mobile SEO?
- As almost 33% of the customer base uses mobile, your business website has to be optimized in such a way.
- It’s become so important that even Google will create a separate mobile index that will be used primarily for answering queries, as told by Gary Illyes during his Pubcon speech.
- Almost 88% of SEO experts predict that Google’s priority list has mobile SEO on top!
How to optimize Mobile SEO?
Just like every other SEO tactic, Mobile SEO can also be achieved by using Google guide, or you can find lots of good resources online. You have to optimize your website to fulfil the following:-
- Whenever the website page gets a proper format, Google should send a signal to make the user experience for your clients better.
- To have easy detection on Google, Googlebot should access website resources.
- There is no compromise in user experience due to optimization mistakes.
Here is a checklist that you need to follow to make your website mobile-friendly
- Use Google Analytics to analyze what percentage of traffic on your website is through mobiles.
- Use Google Search Console to check the impressions, clicks, and click-through rate to get an overall idea of your mobile traffic.
- Various tools can check how mobile-friendly your website is.
- Know the overall appearance of your website on mobile with the help of the latest URL Inspection tool in Google Search.
- Confirm and rectify crawling errors on the website.
- Ensure that Google can crawl on the website.
- Insights tool Pagespeed check the speed of websites on mobile. You also need to work on loading your site quickly.
- If possible, you may choose a website configuration with the help of a responsive website setup. When using separate URLs or dynamic setups, make sure you use the best mobile SEO corresponding to it.
- Utilize pop-ups that are mobile-friendly.
- Optimize your content for mobile by carefully observing mobile UX.
- Carry out technical SEO for mobile, along with doing keyword research.
- Make it a point to make your local mobile SEO better.
Is it a good idea to invest in Mobile SEO?
SEO is a crucial part of the growth of business online. You must implement mobile SEO optimization for your website to reach out to people interested in your business. The reason is the vast numbers of shoppers purchasing goods via mobile. It is also important to note that not receiving enough mobile traffic can demotivate you, and subsequently, the whole concept gets ignored. But always remember that traffic through mobile will eventually catch up.